Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Walk in the Park...

Last Friday I was having a hard day. Todd had been gone almost a week, and the kids didn't have school. They were driving me crazy! I love my guys, but somedays feel a little overwhelming. I decided it was survival mode time. I bribed them to get their chores done with a promise of slushies and a couple of hours at the park. It worked. It saved my sanity... a little. We played for a couple of hours and they were super glad they got slushies. Nichole, her kids, Teresa and Kady joined us also. It felt good to get out of the house.

Tanner and Masen on the slide
TC (I think he is saying live long and prosper...)
Titus enjoying his drink while playing by the pond
Tobyn also enjoying the ducks...
Tate...I think the theme was ducks...
Later that day I ordered Chinese, had it delivered, cooked a couple of frozen pizza's for the kids, rented a Red Box for the kids and I read a good book 'till wee hours of the morning. It was good for me. Sometimes you do what ya gotta do. It's hard not having our own place, and space, but I am SO grateful for family that puts up with us and helps us out!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I know the feeling My hubby is working out of town and I have a hard time with the kids all alone too! funny I do the same things and am thankful that it works! good luck!!