Monday, October 12, 2009

Journal Time...

I'm feeling a bit homesick. Besides the fact that we are just getting over ANOTHER round of sickness...but that is not the point right now. I miss my friends and old neighborhood. I miss that, if I wanted to, I could just walk down the street and more than likely there was someone to talk to, or wave at, or someone that would say "Hi, how ya doing?" and really mean it!
Don't get me wrong. I don't mind being here with my mom. The kids love that grandma is never far away and Tobyn is her little buddy. Where she goes, he goes. It's kind of cute until I think she wants alone time :-) But I did have a friend drop me a text today and ask how I was holding up so that made me feel a little better. It's hard know we'll be here only temperaraly but nice because there will be a time (soon) when we put down permant roots and our kids can have a place "to go up" in.
Todd went to church yesterday and when I asked how it was his response was "It's gonna be a hard adjustment after our old ward" We have made friends a lot of places we have lived, Grandview Ward, 15th Ward, "growing up ward" and a few others. We will continue to make friends where ever we go, but it just catches up to me once and a while that even though I can talk to those friends on Facebook or send an email I can't just walk out the door and see them (a bonus to houses all connected or 15 feet from each other). I know those friendships are not "lost" and hopefully never will be. But just so you all know... Thanks for being my friends!
So enough with this pity party. I am going to make a delicious dinner found on a very good friends blog.

7 comments:

Darci said...

Hey Babe! Hang in there and know that you are loved- even from far away :D

Megan B ♥ said...

MIss you!

bolivia1 said...

Connie, you are really missed around here. Just keep your eye on the prize and your chin up. Sending lots of love your way (this is Lisa by the way, I thought I'd stop on your blog and check-up on you :)

Allie said...

Hey Connie!! I was thinking about you and decided to check your blog and see how things were going. We miss you too and wish you still lived in the neighborhood. Come stop by anytime and we'll need to plan a girls night out. Have a great weekend!

haley said...

I'm so sorry. It is so hard to leave a place you love. You're such a great person and so easy to talk to I'm sure you'll make new friends fast.

Heidi said...

I'm going through some similar feelings! So your not alone out there.

Jamie said...

I couldn't agree more!