Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Sweaters, Soup, and Snow

Todd promised that he would NEVER have a dog that he needed to put clothes on "That's just so silly!" But that was until we got Max...poor dog freezes here in the basement so we had to buy him a sweater yesterday. So welcome to the world of small dogs Todd :-)
We are supposed to get our first batch of snow today. I am excited! It will be short lived, I am sure, considering it is supposed to be 58 next monday, but welcome to Utah. I love it though, it gives me a chance to put on the slippers and sweaters and make yummy soup. But for the next few days I don't have to make dinner.
I would LOVE that idea under different circumstances, but unfortunately we are receiving dinners because my mom is in the hospital with pneumonia in both lungs, blood clots in both lungs and a current update shows fluid surrounding her lungs. She is one sick lady. But yesterday when I went to see her she seemed to be getting stronger. She even went for a short walk. It sure puts it in perspective when she goes for a walk down the hall and comes back so tired she could sleep for another 2 or 3 hours. (which she did)
I have shipped 3 older kids off to school, Tobyn and Tanner to Nicholes (thank you, thank you, thank you!!!) doing a quick blog update and will be off to go visit my mom shortly. It's been a little tough trying to go see her because no children under 14 are allowed in the hospital, unless they are a patient. So while the kids are gone I plan on taking a book and spending a couple of hours just keeping her company. The new ward has been very nice in checking up on us to see how we are doing and getting updates about Mom. I feel bad that we moved in and first on the list is dinners and babysitting, but the ward knows Mom so well and they want to help. I feel like letting them help us is letting me help my mom and so in a round about way they are serving my mom.
I am so grateful to be apart of the gospel where first thing people say is "We will be praying for her" and you know that is true. I also know that the blessings she has been given will help comfort her and help her through it. I also know that I am being watched out for and have so many friends and family that are willing to take the kids and offer their support, through physical help or phone calls to make sure I'm hanging in there.

5 comments:

Shana said...

Welcome to the sweater dog ranks! On cold days, Peyton wears sweaters, too.

Julie said...

I am so worried about your mom! How are you doing it? I have no idea where your mom lives (it's not close to the gym on 9th anymore, huh? :( ), or I'd come take your boys for you! I still probably should and I will whenever you need me to. Anytime!

What a good daughter you are...you're all in our prayers here at our house!

I miss seeing you at the gym...it's been months, huh? Or at least 7 pounds for me! :(

miss you and thinking of you!

Bethany said...

We wish you guys the best! I hope your mom gets better soon!

Handsfullmom said...

Remember I'm just a block from the school and your boys are welcome at my house anytime. I'm sorry to hear about your mom but glad that people are helping out!

Megan B ♥ said...

How is your mom doing now?