Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Time goes by. Fast or slow? Depends on the year...

Man, I looked at my last post and it doesn't seem very optimistic or happy. In fact last year wasn't too bad. Titus was baptized, we made some great memories with friends, Todd got a lot of schooling behind him...I am sure there is more... I will find more later. Truth is we (Todd and I ) just got done with two very difficult semesters. Difficult for him because he was gone from his family a lot and had a lot of homework to do, plus work full time. He was a very busy man! It was hard for me because he was gone so much, working and schooling, and the stress of my mom getting sick, the kids, a move, general family life. But we made it through and now we are on to great things (hopefully) Hopefully among the things I listed earlier Todd can find a good job that will support us and that he really loves doing, maybe even a house is on the horizon... Only time will tell. As down as I seem(ed) I really am looking forward to the new year and what it will bring!

Today is the anniversary? of my dad's death. I watch my kids and think how awesome it would be for them to know Grandpa Biesinger, but I look at all the ways we have grown and I am not sure those things would or could have happened if he hadn't moved on. I miss him and think about him often, I always will, but I know he is watching us and can see his grandkids grow!
Love you Dad!

5 comments:

Handsfullmom said...

I've had a few of those really tough, stretching years. I love how you are looking for the bright side, and I'm thrilled for you that Todd is almost done!

I'm thinking of you as you miss your dad today.

The Shepherds said...

Connie that is sweet that you have five adorable boys. Wow! I love that blog header. So cute.

Shannan said...

sorry about your dad Connie. I am sure he would have been so proud of you and all your boys. You are a great person.

Whitney said...

It is hard to be optimistic sometimes. Sometimes I wonder if we'll ever get out of the rut of having Chris work 50+ hours a week just so we can live without being stretched to the max. I hope this year brings good things for both of us!

Amy said...

I hear the life of a pilot (and wife) is quite difficult. Michelle Roper talks about that quite a bit. You deserve a wonderful year and I hope you get it.