Thursday, February 18, 2010

Grandma Mody

Grandma Moday passed away on Tuesday Feb 9th. I didn't know her as well as my other grandmas and I learned a lot about her life from the funeral. One of the most important things I learned was that the traits that I got from my dad, came from her.
She gave me my dad and my wonderful Biesinger family and to that I am forever grateful. When I am with them it is like the comfort of going home. I am proud to say that I am now a Christensen, But will forever be a Biesinger. I thank my grandma, despite many hardships, that she helped to form my dad to what he is/was and in turn to what I am/will become.
The ironic (well, semi-ironic) thing is that my dad died on Jan 6th, her birthday. She was buried on Feb 16th, his birthday. I am sure the reunion was happy. They were both loved and will be missed. I have had the priviledge of feeling my dad around me a couple of times this week and I cherish those moments as much as I do the memories of him while I was growing up. It reasures me that those we loved, who have passed on, are never far from our side.






2 comments:

oodlesofoversons said...

Thanks for this post, Connie. Glad it went well. xo

Carrie said...

What a sweet post. I don't think it is ever easy to see someone we love pass on. It is so true that they are always near us!