Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Great outdoors, at Joes Valley

This past weekend, over the 24th, we went to Joe's Valley. It was the first time for Todd and I. It was very pretty and a lot of fun. Two of Todd's uncles and their families, Todd's Grandma R, Todd parents and siblings (other than Justin who couldn't get off work) came up throughout the weekend. It was so fun to play and relax. I went up a day early with Teresa but without Todd and we survived :-) He came up Friday afternoon with his dad and two sisters. It was nice to have him up there. We did survive, but it's a little easier with two of us.
I love camping and the boys do to. We wanted to go a lot this summer but with all of our stuff packed we've had a hard time getting away.

The view...

Part of what camping is all about....food.

Two days we were able to go to the lake. It was a lot of fun. TC was really brave (and bribed) to jump of a 20 foot cliff. It might have been 30' or 35' depends on who you ask. I don't have pics but I will post them as soon as I get them.


Any where we went, the kids would throw in some chairs and ride in the back of the trucks.

This is most of everyone that was there. It was a pretty big (and fun) group!

We went to see the Mammoth find. It was a little interesting, but not too much to see. We were hoping for some kind of cast or something, but all there was were signs with info. We did learn a little something though.

Skyler and Tate. These two have been good friends since the beginning. Their bdays are only 2 months apart.
I love fun summer camping trips!

3 comments:

Rebecca Adams said...

Joe's Valley! That's where my husband's family goes almost every year! I didn't think anybody else I knew even knew about Joe's Valley. Every time I mention it, people are like "where is that?" Looks like you had fun! We're leaving in just a couple of days to go down there to Joe's Valley for a week of camping! SO excited!!! :)

from Lanette and Patrick said...

The Mammoth find, is that the one by Huntington resevoir? The one they found there constructing the dam is in the dinosaur museum in Price. That whole area is a great place to camp, most of the camping I have ever done is around that area and over to Scholfield.

The Shepherds said...

I love camping too! Looks like you guys had a great getaway.