Friday, July 2, 2010

Job

I applied for a job at Colgan air two week ago, and today I got a letter telling me their decision...I didn't get the job. I wasn't disappointed in the decision they made because the pay was crapy and I would have to commute to New York.

I have been thinking about getting out of aviation altogether (and no, Connie is not the reason). I love to fly, but I love my family more. When I started this adventure I was okay with the fact that I would not be around much while working, due to the typical four-on, three-off, schedule of a pilot. I know that it wouldn't always be like that after I build up some seniority.

A little while ago the boys came to me and asked why I was never home to do stuff with them and that hurt. I don't feel like I am a bad dad, but I think I have deprived them of father time they needed. I know people think that I'm crazy because I could just turn my back on all the hard work and sacrifice that we, as a family, put into me going back to school.

I still don't know what I will do. For now the feeling that I have is to just keep doing what I have been doing. If I do deiced to do something else, it will probably some thing in the medical field so there is a possibility that I could still instruct on the side.

No comments: