Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Table!

In the beginning. Pre-sand (or just starting the sanding) It was pretty ugly. It had vinyl stuff that is supposed to look like finished wood. No one could understand why I didn't want to strip it and re-stain it, but that's not the look I am going for and for $50 I figure it's a good project.


The in-between stage. After sanding, before painting. This part took a lot of work! Found out the hard way that good 'ol hand sanding works the best.



It's done at last! I am so happy!


If you look at the top you can see the brush strokes. I tried really hard to have no lines, but without a sprayer it's just not possible. I also distrested it a little, but you can't see it on these amazing pictures. My mom and Grandpa had a hard time understanding why I spent so much time sanding and painting, just to sand it and make it look old. When you put it that way.....oh-well. I like it. I am SO excited to have it done!
Costs- $50 for the table and $75 for supplies to finish it. Total $125. Can't beat that! The next big project will be to add seating.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

I like it! It looks good!

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh, Connie, it turned out awesome!!! I love it!

Diana said...

Awesome! How fun to create! You did a great job.

oodlesofoversons said...

It looks awesome!! Good job! I distress just about everything, too!