Sunday, January 1, 2012

One year older and wiser too....

Well time for my annual year review and thoughts. This year has been a good year to us. A little hard in some ways but we've made it and have enjoyed the ride! Many milestones were hit this year which has been awesome! We:

Stayed warm through super cold weather and my foot finally healed after one heck-of-a sprained ankle.

Todd finally has a job with benefits...first time in our married lives!

Tanner was potty-trained. NO kids in diapers! Wahoooo!

We survived our first tornado season.

Tate turned 8 and was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Managed to stay some-what cool through a record breaking hot summer.

I am now a college student.

Tobyn started Kindergarden. (which just leaves Tanner and I home durring the days)

TC turned 12 and received the priesthood.

Todd passed his 1 year probation check ride.

We made it through first year pay.

We got TX license plates which makes us officially Texans right?

And to usher in the new year we no have NO children in Nursery.

I really am very happy. We couldn't be more blessed. Besides all of the mile-stones I have witnessed many miracles, big and small, that have kept us going this past year.
I can only hope for as much with 2012. We will meet a few more big ta-do's this year and I am excited for them!

A few things to look forward to are:

We will turn 3-0 this year. Not old...yet...but crazy to think about!

I will be a mom of a teenager. What?!

Another one of my children will be attending middle school.

How come all of these things have to do with getting older....?

I will also work on my new year resolutions, which consist of being a little more patient and loving, little more spiritual, little more organized and little more forgiving of my self and those around me.

May we all have a wonderful 2012!

No comments: