Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas 2011

We had a very nice Christmas. Grandma B came down to spend a couple of weeks with us and we have been loving her here. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking:
Anxiously awaiting to see if Santa has come! I felt the sign was a fitting....
The "Big" gift this year....a Basketball stand for the front yard! We have had several fun games of Speed and HORSE the past couple of days.
Wars with the rubber band guns! Uncle Boyd made these for the kids and they have had a blast of war after war with them. Todd and I get in on the fights and Grandma just watches and tries to stay out of firing range.
Opening of the gifts: The theme this year was video games and books! Along with the typical new clothing item and the book, the 3 older boys each got their own game, Tobyn got a big white cardboard play house, and Tanner got a red sit-n bounce ball. He bounces around the house on it all day.


Our family shot on the way to church. Not too much longer and I will have to stand in front of TC instead of the other way around. Our ward had a very lovely Christmas program. It was part of the highlight of the day to go to church. What a great way to remember what the day is all about!
Beautiful Grandma and her handsome Grandsons!
Our super yummy Christmas dinner of cheesy potatoes, ham, homemade rolls, green Jell-o, green beans, and apple pie for dessert! Did I mention it tasted SO good?!
This year was the first year spent away from all extended family. I have been so happy to have my mom here so that I wouldn't be quite so lonely. We really did have a wonderful day. It was pretty quiet and we are trying to establish our own traditions. I loved seeing my boys smiling faces in the morning, playing games with them in the afternoon and being together.

I love this time of year! I love the peaceful, happy, wonderful feeling I get. I know I have that because I know the reason for the season. I am so thankful to be able to remember Christ birth and all that means for us!

2 comments:

FOREVER YOUNGblood said...

Cute pics, you look REALLY good in your pic by the way. :) Atleast it was warm down there.

Megan B ♥ said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas!!!!