Monday, December 24, 2012

December bits and finally an update!

For 3 years now our ward has hosted a big nativity exhibit where people from the community can come into our church building and view hundreds of nativities. It is really is beautiful. This year I had the opportunity  to oversee the the decorating of the whole thing. It was a crazy week! I was at the church almost every day all day for the week from start to finish!

I was surprised at the spiritual experience I had with it. I really felt the spirit in the building. It was wonderful to be able to feel the peace and calm that comes with just sitting in the church. During the set up I found out my Grandpa Biesinger had passed away. I was sad. It was not unexpected. He was old and had lived a good life,  but I was surprised at how much of my mourning was over the fact that it was one more piece of the Biesinger family, for me, gone. Grandpa was straight forward and did things his way, but he also had a deep love for his family and those around him. 

While setting up the Nativity there were quiet moments where no one, but me, was in the building. I could feel Heavenly Fathers love for me there. It was such a wonderful place to be and to reflect on such a wonderful plan that we are apart of. I will miss him, but as I attended the funeral I could not help but feel my dad and grandpa standing there watching over their family. I wish I could have hung onto that feeling just a little longer.

Just a couple pictures of the Nativity...my pictures do it no justice!



Now here it is Christmas eve. The kids have been bouncing off the walls, I feel like a grinch at times because the stores are overly packed and I miss my husband (who will be home tonight!). However, my mom is here. I love hearing my children play together and try to hug them when I get the chance. I reflect on the meaning of the holiday and remember how blessed I truly am. I have wonderful friends that are just like family and take care of me. I have family that calls, sends text or whatever just to say hi. I have wonderful healthy children and a wonderful, smart, kind, loving, handsome husband that I get to be with forever because so many years ago a baby was born. 

As we go through our trials and busy time over the past few months my testimony has grown. I know that Heavenly Father loves me and is mindful of me. I know that Jesus was born so that he could die for us. My heart is full for all those reasons. 

I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how i wish that we wouldn't have missed the exhibit.