Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It's supposed to be fall...Right?

No fancy pics for this post, just some thoughts of mine. I was so excited for October... cooler weather, Halloween, soups, all the yummy warmness of fall time. I decided to update my blog and do a little journaling.
I love summer! It's my favorite time of year. But when October comes around I start to get excited for all the things that come with fall and winter and make up my mind, or try anyway, that winter isn't so bad. It's a good thing to live in Utah where we have all four season. This time of year I love the colors that the leaves change and sweaters (or jackets, whichever my mood). I also love deciding what to have the kids be for Halloween... sometimes I let them help me decide :-)
My dad always said that October was the "kick off" season (and I am not just talking about football for all you crazy fans) It's the month that tends to kick off all the holiday's....So hurry up and cool down weather and bring on the fun!

5 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Yes, fall is my favorite season and it's Justin's favorite season too. I like it for all the reasons you named, and Justin likes it exclusively for football I think :) I want some apple cider! Pumpkin pie! Kinley is hankering lately for some egg nog, but we're still a ways away from that...

Katy Wilson said...

I loved living in a place with all 4 seasons...and fall is my very favorite...so why did I move to Arizona you might ask?
I don't know...
But I hear the winters here are beatuiful!
I am so excited you have a blog...I do too...
I think you can get to it by clicking my name from this comment...but if not it's kathrynnelson.blogspot.com
i don't have anything fun or important up ever...but if you ever get bored enough you can check it out...

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how big your kids are! Seriously! You have such a cute family! I love your blog too :)

Darci said...

All the Holiday will be here before we know it :D Cute family pix of all your boys.

Ben and Jessica said...

Hey Todd! It's good to see you are doing so well! It serves you right to have all those boys! I'm glad they took after their mother and not you! You are so lucky. My wife and I are expecting our first boy in a couple of weeks. Seeing your blog made me so excited, not only to be a dad but for you. I have thought about you alot since we graduated. Congratulations on your fam- thats what's important in life anyway!
BEN JONES