Thursday, November 12, 2009

Grateful

Lately I feel like I am going crazy! I hear "MOM" more often than not, and I feel like I am on my feet almost 24/7. I wake up at 5 am to work out and fall into bed every night. I feel like tears somedays come more often than smiles...but lets face it we ALL know that tears aren't hard to come by for me :-)... I also feel like I spend half of my life in a car, running errands, and never get to see the love of my life...

But then I stopped and starting thinking...WHY am I being so whinny and not focusing on the things I DO have like this....




And them...

These guys too...

Pretty much everyone in this pictures is special to me! I am thankful for all they do and am so happy to be able to call them family (that includes the two that are on missions and not in the photo)

I really am thankful for this time of year. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas, even the New Year brings the feeling of renewal and a clean slate. I love black friday, for the tradition and fun not always just the sales, I love all the good comfort food . I love the memories of family and friends gathered around many tables.
So even though life may be a little hectic and overwhelming it is still pretty great. This is the life I chose and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

It's hard sometimes to look past the rough spots... and I always feel like I'm in one!!! But you're right, we should look at what we have and not what we don't!

Cindy Merris said...

Thanks for reminding me to smile! I think I've mastered giving anistyn the stink eye and she could use some lovin' instead!

Cindy Merris said...

WHOOPS! This is andrea barber, not cindy, she was just over borrowing my computer and I forgot to log her out!