Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a GREAT thanksgiving this year! Well, Ok, it's almost always great, but this year it was just nice to relax and have fun with the family. I always heard mom's say that when their first was born they took a bazillion pictures and with each child it got less and less. I don't think it's the case with taking pictures of the kids as so much as taking pictures of the outings...
So, for lack of pictures let me paint the picture for you...
Imagine. A church cultural hall with 8 tables (long church tables) lined with chairs, a group of comfy chairs on the side of the room, children running wild (in the room of corse) we didn't do an official count but some where around 50 people, laughing, talking, and hugs. The smell of turkey, potatoes, pies, rolls, stuffing, and other thanksgiving yummyness coming from the kitchen. The sound of much to be thankful for in every corner of the room...
We ate, we played, some slept, and wore ourselves out. I will say again, it was an awesome day! I sure do have a lot to be grateful for even if I get overwhelmed and frustrated at times. My husband is doing AWESOME in school! Only 1 1/4 semesters to go until he GRADUATES!!!! My children who love me despite all my flaws, a terrific mom that I am grateful has made it to thanksgiving and is making progress all the time, a home to live in, wonderful in-laws (all of them) that show endless support and love, a loving Father in Heaven that knows me, loves me and blesses me. And last a loving Savior that gave his life so that I can be with my family forever! These are just a few the list could go on...
With so many blessings my heart is full and I look forward to a wonderful Christmas season!

1 comment:

Katy Wilson said...

I LOVE your new background!! So cool!!