Sunday, February 20, 2011

Parenting....

I love these stinkers, I really do....
But why does it have to be so hard to raise them. TC has entered the "pre-teen" stage. He is moody, talks back, thinks everything should be his way. It's driving me CRAZY! I know we have a long road ahead...meaning I have 4 more to get through. Tobyn talks back and doesn't want me to touch him. At all. I can't hold his hand. I can't pull him close to me to tell him to be quiet in church. Titus, bless his heart, thinks he knows everything (great what's THAT gonna be like later?) Tate, is just sortta stuck in the middle and feels he gets the worst of everything, and Tanner is 3 enough said. The list goes on why it's so hard to deal with all 5 of them.

I am running out of ideas for what to do. I know there are things to work on. I need to be more patient and give more compliments. I know I need to speak softer and hug more often. I should be more involved and spend time working with them. I know should follow through with my discipline better, I fee like I KNOW so many things and hear them all the time, but it's so hard. It's so much easier to say all of these things rather than to actually do them. They sound so good in theory. Where do mom's get all their energy? Somedays I think when is my time, but then feel guilty for thinking that way. What do you do about a moody pre-teen that thinks the whole world is out to get him....I'm not ready for this!

I know I'm whining for no reason. I know I'm not alone. I am sure a lot of it has to do with the fact that Todd has been gone for 4 days now, and won't be home until hopefully tomorrow (he may not be back until Tuesday). I will get this all settled and one day, so they tell me, I will look back and miss all this cuteness. I'm sure I will. Just keep reminding me so that I make it until then.

3 comments:

Jen Lynn said...

Amen sista! Whenever I read parenting books, I get so pumped to try out their ideas out, and then get totally discouraged when I try to put it into practice!! Thank goodness that every day is a new one, right? Ha, a new one to yell something at another kid... j/k

Julie said...

You will look back someday and have fond memories...I don't know how you do it with 5 boys, seriously! I've always thought that you handle/treat (however you want to say it) your boys fabulously! Kids are always meaner, messier, noisier, wilder, to their parents. I bet if you ask their teachers how they act in class...you'll think you're talking about someone else's children! I think kids at their younger ages are MUCH easier...this moody/teenager stuff...it's for the birds!!!

miss you...you're doing great. Venting always makes it better!!

Whitney said...

I'm with ya. I keep thinking forward to the day when the boys will be in school and I can have a little bit of quiet and enjoy a clean house for a few hours but then I try to remember I'll miss their little-ness. Being a mom isn't always easy that's for sure. But you're doing great. And being both the parents at the same time for more than 8 hours a day definitely requires extra patience, sleep and pampering for you. Go do something fun!! You deserve it!