Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Utah

Todd decided Sunday morning that we should take a quick trip to UT. There were a few things that never got done before we moved, because Todd was gone all the time. We decided for a Valentine present we would fly back.

We had a nice time. We didn't see any friends, becuase it was such a fast trip. But we were able to see most of the family. It was nice to visit with everyone. We have missed having family so close. We were able to go on a nice Valentine date with Todd's parents and brother. I loved not worrying about the kids because I knew they were having a good time playing with cousins and aunts and uncles. Monday night we also made Christmas-Valentines day (we didn't have heart cookie-cutters so we used Christmas ones) sugar cookies that we decorated with pink frosting. Tuesday we went up to my mom's house and hung out. It was a relaxing day.

The boys were SO excited to fly on a "big" plane and see what dad gets to do. They were really well behaved. Tobyn was so curious. He kept trying to walk around the ticket counter to see what was going on, and would just point and walk around trying to see all there was to see. Tanner did really well. We left late on Sunday night, so he (along with the other boys) slept on the way there. On the way home he played Leapster, DS, and for the most part just sat quietly next to me.

Tanner waiting with dad and playing the leapster (couldn't get the picture to rotate)
All the boys hanging out in the airport waiting to board the plane.
We were able to get seats together both there and back. The flight attendants were really nice to the boys. They felt so grown up ordering their own drink (soda of course) and reading with the light on.
I think this something we could all get used to.

1 comment:

from Lanette and Patrick said...

I drove past your in-laws the other day and saw Amber playing with a couple of boys who reminded me of your boys. I couldn't figure out who would have kids that looked like yours. I am glad that you were able to come back so easily. Makes Todd's job even more worth it! Have a great day and thanks for the post, now I know I am not crazy.