Tuesday, December 27, 2011

12 days of Christmas

Grandma and Grandpa Christensen did something a little different for us this year. They did the 12 Days of Christmas. It was a lot of fun. We got some pretty cool things. I don't have all the pictures in order (I am usually pretty good at getting them in order, but not so much this year) It gave us some good things to do as a family!

Christmas Eve was candy canes, hot chocolate, and a good Christmas book. We read the book while drinking the hot chocolate and eating candy canes. It was the perfect thing to do after driving into Frisco to see the light show on Christmas Eve!

One of the first nights was a ginger bread house. The kids LOVED putting it together and we all had a lot of fun eating....I mean decorating the house.


TC has had a lot of fun with his Art Set. I have been showing him a few things I have learned in my classes, and we have some fun drawing different things we see.
Titus has had a lot of fun playing with the Robot Arm he got. He walks around grabbing anything he can. It has even come in handy once or twice to grab something I needed :-)

Tanner and Tate love their car mat. They have a fun time playing with it. They flip-flop in deciding if the town is like our neighborhood, grandmas or both. The details are fun and it's a great Sunday afternoon activity.
I thought I had a picture of Tate in his Bird Watching Gear...but I couldn't find one. He uses his bird calls all the time and loves walking around outside checking out stuff with his binoculars! He loves to explore, so it was a perfect match for him.

Other things we got that we are loving is the movie 17 Miracles. It's a great movie about miracles that the Martin Handcart company experienced. We really enjoyed watching it for FHE. I got some really cute bathroom decorations for around my tub. I will take pictures when my bathroom is all pulled together. Todd received a little fire pit for the backyard. We haven't had a chance to use it yet, but the kids can't wait to go out and roast marshmallows or hotdogs!

There were a few other things, but I can't remember all of them. We have enjoyed using each new thing and love that Grandma and Grandpa were so thoughtful! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa! The boys miss you and the gifts have been awesome!

No comments: