Monday, February 6, 2012

Our Max....and a new addition

Our sweet, special, and very loved Max was hit by a car on Feb 2nd. He loved to roam the neighborhood and thought he was tough stuff. He had found a girlfriend up the street and loved to wander around with her. We had done almost everything we could think of to the back yard to keep him in. But he would get out regularly. He loved to head up to the Dollar General. He would get out and but a trip around the block and we would always find him. He was a sweet little thing, but he was a little stinker. On Tuesday I couldn't find him. He had a tag that had our phone number and his name on it so when he got out we would usually recieve a call. That day was differnt. After being gone all day I new something was wrong. Then we recieved the call...

A neighbor had found him up by the Dollar General. He had bit hit by a car and was dead. I was SO sad! The boys and I had a good cry. I called Todd becuase of course he was out of town. He made a call to our wonderful home teacher who came right over to help us burry him. Our neighboor and friend also helped out. I am SO greatful for the wonderful ward members and friends we have made here to helped us out when we needed it.

We gave him a nice grave and said a little prayer. We know our loved Max is in a good place. We all miss him!

The silver linging....This little, cute, pup found his way into our heart. His name is Diesel. He is a Staffordshire Terrier Mix. I had to look it up. He is a spunky little thing! He loves to chew...oh-boy, but so far is GREAT with the kids! I think we will be a little too big to dig under or around the fence, but too small to jump it.
I didn't expect to get a dog so soon after loosing Max. But he's a cuttie and we're glad we have him. I think he will be another good friend for the boys!

4 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

That is sad about your dog! But your new one is so cute!!

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh, Connie, I am so sorry to hear about Max. So sad!! I am so glad that Diesel has come into your life.... and I hope he gets through his chewing phase sooner rather than later!

The Shepherds said...

Oh he's SO cute! Sorry about your loss.

Whitney said...

So sorry about Max. He must be up running around with your dad... :) Your new pup is very adorable!