Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Grandma's Funeral



My Grandma Ingram (my mom's mom) passed away on April 15, 2009. She was such a wonderful lady. I am sad that she has moved on, but the sweet lady I remember growing up with has not been here for several months.

Yesterday was the funeral. It was so nice. Bitter-Sweet feelings were involved for everyone. It is always hard to watch someone move on, but such a relief that she is happy and healthy once again. I am grateful that she had such beautiful children, especially my mom, who have influenced my life in such a great way! She was a good example to all of love and kindness.


It was hardest yesterday for me to watch the people I love, go through this hard time. Grandpa seemed more vulnerable than I have ever seen him. He truly loved his wife and wrote a beautiful tribute to her that my mom had the privilege of reading.


Titus and TC seemed to understand the most of my children what was happening. It was sad, yet happy for me to watch a few tears run down their cheeks. I was happy for the tears they shed only because it means she will be missed and was loved by my children.


Todd's Grandma Christensen passed away in October of last year and is among the great people up there waiting and watching over us. We loved both Grandma's and are grateful for the opportunity we had to know them here on earth.


I have said it before and I will say it again. I know that the plan of salvation is real. I will one day enjoy the company of these beautiful people again. I miss them for now, but the joy comes in knowing that they are in a better place and are watching down on us.
The Grandson's and Grandma
Grandpa and relatives

Aunt Susan, Uncle Rick, Carol (my mom) and Aunt LindaSome of the cute little boys that were at the funeral (Tobyn, Tate, TC, Aaron)

4 comments:

Allie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss..Those are times are hard. But at least we know we will see them again!

Leah said...

I am too so sorry for your loss I can only imagine how you feel and hope that you know I'm here for you if you need any help at all.

oodlesofoversons said...

Thank goodness for the plan of salvation! I've been thinking of you. Glad the funeral went well.

haley said...

Nice post; it was a sad but happy day. The plan of salvation makes it possible to feel happy!