Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pet Peeve!

I love little girl clothes! Love them! Probably because I don't get to buy them very often. But that's OK. I am Ok with that fact and count on the fact that hopefully I will have buckets of Granddaughters to buy cute clothes for spoil, then send them home with one of my sons...ha ha ha!
BUT, I can't stand the fact that there are NO boy clothes! I know the options for cute girl clothes are way more besides, shorts, shirts, pants, and long sleeve shirts, but still! Why, oh why, don't they sell cute boy clothes (especially, dress clothes) for boys?!
I wandered around Wal-Mart today (I know that was part of the problem) looking for some dress shirts for the boys for Easter. They had 2 hangers, 2 that's it, for boys Sunday shirts that weren't white. No ties. and I found sizes for the three older boys. I settled on one that will be too big for Tobyn, but it was the only thing. After wondering around for 15 min, hoping something new would materialize I finally found, in the corner, 2 more hangers with collard shirts for infants. But they only had ugly colors to choose from. I did find a baby blue that will match the other boys.
I don't like to complain about money publicly, But I can't afford to go to big name stores and get the stuff I really want too. Although I am pretty good at finding the sales and I can come up with some pretty cute stuff, after searching, hunting, price matching, hair pulling madness! I just didn't have the time, this Easter. Considering we only have a few days left 'till Easter. I know part of that is my own fault for procrastinating.
But you get the point. NO BOY CLOTHES! UHGGG!!! Someday, Someday, I will open an all boys store with all the possible boy needs that are reasonably priced!!!
I am done ranting....on to more positive things today, like organizing my almost done basement (pictures coming soon!), coloring my sis-in-law's hair, and other such activities!

5 comments:

Cindy Merris said...

I totally hear you! I have really lucked out with the sales at Baby Gap. I LOVE their boy clothes and if you go to the sales rack their is always something cute to buy for less then $10 bucks.

oodlesofoversons said...

I agree...and if it is cute, it usually costs a bundle. Unless it's on sale at Gap or something, but I always seems to have bad luck finding my boys stuff there. So at least you know you're not alone!!

Amy said...

I too have been very frustrated trying to find something for Ethan! I never have a hard time finding something for Jamie.

Handsfullmom said...

Too true! Luckily, we have a few more girls around here than boys. I've always had luck at Sears, though. They always seem to have great clearance dress clothes for boys. A few months ago, I got a whole size six dress outfit, complete with pants, shirt and tie for $6 there.

Enjoy your Easter.

Darci said...

I agree! I can find so many fun things for Addy, but Braxton has limited choices.