Thursday, May 14, 2009

Call me an early bird...

I've crossed over to the dark side...meaning I'm up before there is light! Todd convinced me to get a gym pass. All his buddies work out a little later than Todd can...so I became the new work out buddy. I have to admit at first I was a little unwilling, and groaning about getting up at 5:00 a.m. to go to a smelly gym and do exercises I wasn't quite sure about. But that attitude has changed! Although I am still tired when I wake up, I am finding that going with Todd has given me a new attitude about the whole thing. Knowing I am going to get that beach body I have dreamed about for years keeps me going!
I have decided that it's OK, that I can be a little selfish now. I am finally in a time where my body is my own. I am not nursing, pregnant, and not planning on getting pregnant for the first time in the 10 years I have been married. It feels so good to make this very early morning time mine...even though it's shared with Todd, a sacrifice I am willing to make :-)
So here's to keeping the dream alive...and getting up at 5:00 a.m. 5 days a week!

9 comments:

Shana said...

Good luck with your gym-ing it up! Curt and I go to the gym together, and it makes it more enjoyable AND more motivating to go.

Katy Wilson said...

I want to make an appointment at your salon...when i come to utah next i'm scheduling one!

Megan B ♥ said...

Maybe I just need to convince Justin to be my buddy. It's so hard to exercise alone! And to eat healthy while he stuffs himself with my favorite foods!

Julie said...

Early morning is the only way to go when you're a mom. I would be in my gym clothes ALL DAY if I couldn't go in the insane early morning. I loved seeing you there. You look GREAT already! If you don't think so, just stand next to me!

See you tomorrow morning at the gym?

oodlesofoversons said...

I'm so proud of you, Connie! I'm trying to get going, too, and it's hard!! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

way to go! Thats awesome! Keep it up! :) If I lived closer Id totally go with you!:)

Amy said...

Go Connie! Good for you.

Carrie said...

That is awesome that you have been able to do that! And to be able to spend that time with Todd too is great. Way to go.

Handsfullmom said...

What a motivating way to exercise. I bet it's great to be there with Todd.