Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sweet Testimony

I wanted to record this while it was still fresh in my mind. (considering I use this blog as part of my journal)

Today was Fast and Testimony Meeting. It started as a good meeting. I was trying hard to listen and to absorb the testimonies that were being said. I wanted to feel the spirit and to have the peace that comes with Sunday. The first testimony that struck hard was a simple testimony given by a friend that stated the simple but full truth that the gospel is true. The things we go through are for our own good and the God loves us and knows that we exist and if we need to find that for our selves the answers are there. We can ask and it will be given.
I have learned through time and experience that it is not always easy to get the answer to KNOW that the gospel is true, that God lives and loves us, and that things happen for a reason. The answers don't always come easy, but it will come of we have the desire and want to know. Sometimes it comes in a way we are not always expecting. Heavenly Father knows us the best of anyone, including our self, the answer of confirmation WILL come! Whether it be a prophet proclaiming the sacred, holy, act of what Jesus did for all of us, or with a simple, sweet testimony from the ones we love.
The second testimony I heard today that touched more than I could ever realize, was born by my dear sweet Titus. This is (from what I remember) what was said:
"I love my mom, she does nice things for me. She makes me breakfast, lunch and dinner. She buys me clothes, so I can wear them . I love her and know the church is true. Amen"
So simple, so sweet and all said with a tear or two in his eyes. It made me grateful on so many levels. It touched me because one; obviously I have a bias opinion so that fact he was talking about me made my heart swell. Two, he got up with out prompting and said what he knew to be true in his heart. It might not have been about some great principal of the church. But he knew what he said to be true. He had the guts to stand in front of a chapel full of people and say what he felt in his heart. I even looked over and saw a tear (or two) run down his dad's face.
It made me feel good to know that some how, just possibly, I am making a difference in my children's lives (the seed is being planted) and I wouldn't trade them for the world! I hope, with all hope that the simpleness of those few but sweet words were felt by the ones I love and hope they touch them as much as the touched me.
I will add my testimony... I know that the gospel is true! Have I had my doubts? Maybe once and a while, but when I get that quiet, loving, response in my heart that confirms what I already know, there is no doubt! Heavenly Father has blessed me with a wonderful family and has given me the chance to be a mother, wife and daughter and I cherish those responsibilities with all my heart. And though it may be chanlanging at times, I smile and hold on to every minute of it!

4 comments:

Handsfullmom said...

What a beautiful post! Your kids ARE so lucky to have you, and I'm glad Titus could recognize what you do for him.

Leah said...

What a wonderful post. I saw him up there and all I could think about is how happy you were!

oodlesofoversons said...

He was so cute up there and did a great job!

haley said...

What a great day that must have been. I love it when kids show you that what you're doing is appreciated and when you can see that they are growing into good people. There are a few times like these when you wonder why you've ever felt frustrated as a mom and for a second everything is perfect!