Monday, August 3, 2009

ANIMALS!

We had a lot of fun on Saturday at the zoo with my mom! We watched the animals play, sleep and eat. The boys would stand for several minutes just watching the animals do their thing. I had to keep the boys moving. We probably could have stayed there all day, but Mom and Grandma just weren't going to last that long. So the boys had to settle for 3 hours worth :-)
I love going to the zoo and have been wanting to go for a couple of years but haven't been able to go for one reason or another. I was glad I got to spend this fun day with my kids and Mom!


This monkey (I am sure that's not exactly what it was, but I can't remember specifically what kind it is) was so funny. He would pull himself around in the bucket along the bottom of the cage. Tanner just watched and watched.
The Giraffes. There was a baby giraffe that was only 2 days old. It stayed in the building and visitors weren't allowed in so I didn't get a good picture of it. But TC got this good shot of one of the adults walking to get some food.
Grandma B and the kids takin' a break for a few! It was hot and so this was a much needed water/food break. See how well the kids say "Cheese!" LOL!
The boys and I. 'Nough said :-)
The elephant...eating...
This was the best shot I could get of us ridding the train. I had a baby on my lap, trying to stay in the train and hold the camera with one hand...now that's multi-tasking. (don't mind the girl in the background, just a visitor in on the shot)

3 comments:

oodlesofoversons said...

Fun. I need to take my kids there, but it's so hot right now, I can't bring myself to do it! Glad you had a great time!

Heidi said...

looks like you had alot of fun at the Zoo!! I need to take my kids sometime soon they love it!

Shannan said...

Connie you are so cute with all your kids!!! Congrats on your hair salon.. FINALLY!!!