Friday, August 7, 2009

It's quiet, do you know what the kids are doing?

Todd has been gone all week. He is coming home tomorrow and I CAN'T WAIT!!! I have had a fun, busy, crazy week. I love being a mom, and I am glad Todd got the chance to go with the scouts I hope he is/had a good time! I'll find out tomorrow:-) Hopefully when Todd gets home the word "Dad" is still in their vocabulary. Not that they forgot him in the past week, but that I have heard "MOM" yelled so often, I am not sure their cute, (screaming, loud, mouthy) little mouths can form that particular word anymore.
This week of activities that I have (fought through and sometimes enjoyed) done this week are: Getting my hair done, going swimming, sneaking away to my mom-in-law's enrichment night, shopping for a birthday, a birthday party at Jumpin Jacks for Titus (more to come on that later), deep cleaning the house, Pampered Chef/Sentsy party (that was the reason for deep cleaning), talking 'till wee hours of the night with fam, playing at friends houses, dealing with sleep deprived children from a sleepover at grandmas, being sleep deprived myself from being woken up by thunder, and plenty more! My list might be able to go on for quite sometime. It is such an,(overwhelming), uplifting job to take care of 5 little boys. Tanner is the climber. I might add that he replaced Tobyn in this particular area. Tonight when I finally thought I had a chance to relax and put my feet up I hear the kitchen water running, thought is was Tobyn "doing dishes" but oh-no...



I didn't know wether to laugh or cry....I did both!

I know it could have been worse and it looks semi innocent sitting all cute like in the sink. But the kicker is the stinker got in there all by himself and was splashing and dumping water all over the kitchen. What is a mom to do?...Yell for their Dad as soon as he gets home!

3 comments:

Handsfullmom said...

Wow, I don't know how you fit in so many things with Todd gone -- great job even fitting in some good renewing times. I go into survival mode sometimes when my husband's gone.

Cute picture! Isn't it always when you're congratulating yourself on how great the kids are behaving that something like that happens?

oodlesofoversons said...

UH OH....Good for you for stopping to take a picture! I have been in your shoes a few times before, and when the hubby walks in, I want to pass the kids over to him, and leave somewhere by myself! I'm glad Todd's back!

Megan B ♥ said...

I DID make for a really funny picture. But still.... LOL! Feelin' for you!