Friday, August 21, 2009

First day of... Schools?

School started! They boys were SO excited to start a new year at Spring Creek. We went Tuesday and met their teachers, got their school clothes and had things all ready! Wednesday they marched off to school and then...Wed morning I got a call from Freedom Academy (which is a charter school I had applied for in March) and they said they had a few opening and the boys could get in. I couldn't believe it! We weren't expecting to hear that AT ALL! So we made a mad dash Wednesday afternoon to re-school shop! I had to get all new clothes, supplies, and shoes! With some nerves very close to the edge for all of us, the cute three older boys went to their second first day of school! I think their gonna like it!
And another first for this little guy! He started preschool! Thanks to some good hunting from my (try to keep up) sis-in-laws sister...we found something that is close to home, 1 3/4 hours two times a week. So far he LOVES it! He did cry the first day...but when Amber showed up things were all better and he is having so much fun!

I guess this is his "I'm a big kid going to school now" grin :-)

5 comments:

Andrea B said...

I'm so glad they got into the charter school! You'll have to give me advice on which school you like best when our time comes!

Amy said...

That's great that you got your wish for the charter school. I hope it goes well for you guys! They look so handsome in their polo shirts. Where did the summer go?

Handsfullmom said...

Cool! You will LOVE Freedom. Your boys look adorable.

Heidi said...

How exciting!!! hope all goes well Your boys are way cute all dressed up for school!

haley said...

I saw your mom last week when we were in Utah ( I missed seeing you!) She filled me in on the news. That's great. I hope the kids love it!