Saturday, August 29, 2009

My first concert!

Todd got tickets to go see Lonestar at the Shell. It was fun! I mean it wasn't jump out of your seats with excitement and pass out when you see them fun, and I think most of that was because I know a lot of their songs but I am not completely obsessed with the band... But considering I had never been to any type of concert (other than orchestra) it was fun. We had VIP tickets to meet and mingle with the band and we got to take pictures with them. (we don't get to pick up those pictures for about a week)
Our seats were about 8 rows back and center stage so they weren't to shabby. The best part of the whole deal was it didn't cost us a dime! Thanks Brandon for a fabulous and free date night!!

I don't know the people posing with them, but it was the best picture I could get of them while we were waiting in line to meet them.


It was hard to get good shots of them. They kept moving all over the stage (of course) and it was dark.

You can kind of see how many people were behind us and there weren't very many people in front of us!


Half of the fun was watching other people around us. On one side of the stage a group gathered that was hard-core fans, and there was a little old lady in the middle of a bunch of 20-30ish old people. The older lady was jumping up and down and yelling, just like a teenager...then when the lead singer (sorry don't know his name) touched her hand, I thought she was going to go to the moon with joy! She had to hug every person in the group. I was happy to see her dream come true! :-)
It was a fun night with just the two of us. I am glad we were able to go!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

looks like you had a lot of fun!!! Thanks for sharing!

oodlesofoversons said...

that's cool...I CANNOT believe that was your first concert! Fun date night.

Megan B ♥ said...

Lonestar does "our song." Glad you were able to go!