Monday, April 4, 2011

General Conference and other fun things

General Conference was this weekend and I love this time of year! I love most times of year, but my favorite is spring and summer. So while we listened to Conference I decided during the Sat. morning session we would blow out eggs and decorate them. They were a lot of work! But the kids thought it was so cool to see all the egg stuff come out of the egg.

It was a big mess and I remembered why my kids don't know how to decorate eggs. We don't do it very often.


We found this way was easier than using your mouth to blow it out. I read it somewhere and about 1/2 way through we decided to try it. It worked like a charm! I won't do it any other way now.

Displaying our final work. I glued ribbon to the top of all the eggs and hung them up. The ribbons aren't attached in super cute way, but it works.

I also redid our chore chart and decided to display what the tickets (the kids earn tickets for their chores and such) are worth and can turn them in for.
Trying to take better charge of our life I also came up with an FHE "chart" so that the kids know exactly what their turn is for that week. I usually just try and remember who did what. The charts I would look at always looked so hard to make, but it really was easy.

We had to just listen to conference this year because we don't have TV. I loved listening to all the speakers, but I know I will be reading them again in the Ensign in a month or so. I think this year I am going to get 2 copies and give one to Todd. I will also get each of us a highlighter so we can underline and mark up our own copies so we remember what we learn. I needed to hear much of what was said and although it was mostly a reminder, it helped me renew my goals of raising these boys in an uplifting and loving home.

4 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

Looks like you have a cricut!! I recognize that font! Cute ideas!

Jennifer said...

Your charts look great! Do I see that sleeping on the couch is a reward? How funny!
You will love having the FHE chart . . . I remember once I got ours in place, everything just flowed more smoothly and the kids were better about their responsibilities.

Whitney said...

So cute!!! I also loved listening to conference and I will also be excited to have a hard copy in front of me. I hope that one day I can do fun crafts with my kids.

Alida B. said...

I really love the FHE chart, so cute & simple. We don't use one right now but I really need to start using one again. I love this idea!