Monday, August 2, 2010

A few thoughts...

I want to just reminisce about the past couple of week and put in a couple of random thoughts. Two weeks ago we went camping with some of my family on my mom’s side. I like hanging out with that side of the family, they know how to have a good time.

My uncles took me and three of the boys fishing. I never really learned how to fish from my dad, what I do know, which is not a lot, I learned on my own. We never really did that kind of stuff growing up. My dad worked really hard to put food on our table and a roof over our head.

While in school I noticed that I was headed down the same path of always working, going to school, doing homework. I didn’t want to be like that, to be gone all the time, never spend dad and son time together. Don’t get me wrong; I love my dad so much. He taught me how to be a hard worker, how to fix things, how to pickup rocks that grew in our back yard ;-). I learned from him the kind of man and father I want to be.

Okay, back to the fishing. Titus, Tate, and Tobyn had a blast fishing, and I did too. I don’t really like to eat fish, but I would like to get into fishing and hiking and camping with the boys to build that father son relationship to be even stronger.

I love being a dad! On this same trip we went to some lake called “Joes Lake” and was proud of my brother Nic for jumping, cause he doesn’t like heights since he fell on the garage when he was little. TC went with us and I had to drag him off the first rock that was about 6-7’ high. Then I talked him to jump off the 10’ rock by himself. Then I had to bribe/drag him off the 20’ rock, and when he came out of the water he said, “That was awesome! But I let go of my lifejacket and it hit me in the face.” I tried to get him to do it again, but he was done.

This last weekend we went to the Biesinger reunion, we were at Heber Valley Camp that the church owns were we did some challenge courses. One of courses was a big net ladder, followed by a 2x4 horizontal ladder, ending with a zip line. I was so proud of Connie for over coming her fear of heights and go on this thing, she was even the first one! Titus went next and he was a little monkey. Tate was to short so he was kinda bummed. TC tried too, but his fear of heights got the better of him.

I had to talk him into letting go of the rope ladder to hold onto the harness rope. He was deathly afraid to do it. It took a little coxing to get him to do it, but in the end he finally trusted his dad and let go of the rope.

I have been thinking about that experience and how it is like the relationship I have with heavenly father. Ever since I started school I have been coxed to let go of the rope and trust that everything will be all right. Now that I’m done with school and looking for a job, I have the same coxing feeling to just trust and have faith and things will work out, so that is what I have trying to do even when I’m scared to death to let go.

1 comment:

Darci said...

I'm glad that you have that trust. You guys will make it through. Sending hugs your way!