Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Homesick

I hooked up one of our old computers and found a bunch of pictures that didn't transfer when we moved all of our stuff over. It made me homesick...for a home. Our own home. This summer and past 9 months have been much better than we expected, but I miss gatherings like this...

And my kids riding down the streets like this...

And these guys hanging out together....


and parties like these....

and this one.....
There is just something great about neighbors that can come out at any time. Visit, hang out, always knowing there will be some kind of block (or in our case, street) party going on, especially at the holidays. I miss the girls night in, and the buckets of kids.
Like I said I miss all those things, A LOT! But this summer hasn't been all bad, in fact it's been quite nice thanks to some awesome kids (and their mom's) who live just around the corner and have kept us all entertained from dusk 'till dawn. Who have provided us with playmates on the holidays and not holidays. Life has been in fact...good. I just miss the old. So much is changing and will keep changing. Many of those fun friends don't even live on that street any more. But they are still good friends to us.
Todd has an interview on Sept. 13th with a company call American Eagle. We are really praying hard for this one to work out. It pays better than Colgan and would probably put us in a much better location than Colgan. If things work out than it will for sure mean change by Jan. But, one step at a time.
Ok, time for me to stop reminiscing, the kids will be home soon and it will be time for homework and after school chores...something that I am sure will never change no matter where will live or what new friends we have made.

4 comments:

Allie said...

i know exactly how you feel! it makes me want to cry just looking at those pictures! that was the best neighborhood and group of people ever!! I dont think I'll ever find a better neighborhood to live in!

The Shepherds said...

I know how you feel! We will finally move back into our old neighborhood next month. It has been 18 loooong months. Good luck with Todds job.

Jen Lynn said...

Wow, look how little my kids are! That was a great neighborhood. So glad we got to be a part of it for a little while. Same with Allie. I don't think we'll ever have such a fun neighborhood again. Such cool people!

Jen Lynn said...

PS: I love my haircut. Thanks so much for fixing it. My friend asked me the other day where I got it cut because she liked it so much! Thanks