Monday, March 7, 2011

My Baby

This guy is our baby. Unfortunately we still call him "the baby" meaning:
"Has anyone seen the baby?" (not that we loose him, but we do have 5 kids. He gets "mixed" in a little) or
"Can you get the baby some cereal?" or
"put the baby in his own bed, I'm sick of him squishing me!"

But the truth is he is 3. I know he will always be my baby and in a way still is a baby. But he is growing up. All 30" of him act so big. It has been 6 years since we had a 3 year old that would talk in a way that you could understand most of what he is saying. I LOVE it!
Even though he is my baby, I still try to convince him to grow up just a little enough to get rid of diapers (aka potty trained), and sleep in his own bed, give up his blankey (I know that's a tuff one, but I am not pushing too hard) ect.
He sure is a funny kid.

The other day Todd was trying to convince him to go potty "like a big boy" this is what I hear from the the other room:
D- "Just try to go potty Tanner. Please, just try!"
T-"I can't do it!"
D-"Yes you can, you can be big and wear big boy underwear."
T (as he comes running out of the bathroom)-"I can't dad, I can't do it, I can't make bubbles" throws his hands up in the air, storms over and hands Todd a diaper "I can't do it dad."
I guess he's not ready....

Then the other day he wanted to go outside with his brothers and I said no
"Mom, I not tiny, I big I go outside with my brothers!"

He also insists he stays home by himself when we are going somewhere he doesn't want to go
"I stay home!"
M-"You can't your too little!"
T-"Noooo. I can!"
M-"Are you going to stay home by yourself?"
T-"Yes, I can see I can. I watch a movie!"

And last but not least-

We dropped Tobyn off at school and Tanner looks at me from the back seat in his car seat, with his hands in the air
"Mom?! Where's my buddy going?"
M- "To school"
T- "Oh, I will miss my buddy"

Guess in someways I don't want him to get big.




6 comments:

Jen Lynn said...

Cutie boy! I can't believe he's 3! That doesn't seem that long ago that I lived in Utah.

FOREVER YOUNGblood said...

Sooooo cute!!! Haylie lost her first tooth yesterday. She is no longer a "baby". sniff. But like you said they will always be our babies.

Katy Wilson said...

How cute! All your boys are so cute!!

Julie said...

I saw the picture and I thought...he's so cute! That's a great picture. Then I looked at it close! I don't even remember taking that picture!!! When you come back to visit we'll do more...even better ones--hopefully!! It's so good that you're recording these memories...priceless!!

Whitney said...

What a sweetie!!!

Amy said...

That's so cute. I can't believe he's 3. Where does the time go? Then again, Ethan will be 3 this year too. That seems so weird. Remember when you were my VT and they were both babies?