Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Oldest...

TC is a good kid. Being our oldest we put a lot of pressure on him to do things first, be the bravest, be the good example, help around the house ect. Sometimes I have to remind myself that he is only 11. But on the other hand I think "Holy cow he's 11!!" Just a few months and he will be a deacon. Crazy! He will be doing the YM stuff, and it's just hard to believe that I am a mom of an 11 year old.

He love's Yu-gi-uh cards. He loves to "duel" anybody that is willing to sit still for 5 mins. He also love swords and knives. He's growing up and likes to listen to his ipod while he's cleaning, doing homework, playing the PS3 or just hanging out. He is quick to give me a hug and say "I love you mom" Something, I hope dearly, he doesn't grow out of. He is a big help around the house! He loves taking care of Tanner and he is a good brother. He also Loves scouts! He has his first overnight camp-out and despite being pretty nervous about the whole thing, he had LOTS of fun.

He is having a little bit of a hard time adjusting to the move. I think a big part of it is that he is the older so he remembers what he left behind. We are working on finding friends here, and I am confident, with time, he will. He is a pretty social kid (like his mom) and has several friends around school. School is a lot different here, and the kids are adjusting pretty well, but he loves having his own locker!

I love this kid and can't believe how fast he is growing!

3 comments:

FOREVER YOUNGblood said...

So sweet! I love the picture of you two!

Katy Wilson said...

I found some pictures for a long time ago...I'm gonna scan them to you!

Christensen Kids said...

That'd be awesome. I hope they're not super embarrassing :-) Do you need my email?