Thursday, March 31, 2011

What a week.

Thursday: Tobyn comes to me and informs me the milk, that we just opened and is all but full, is bad. I double check, it is. This is the 2nd gallon of milk I have thrown away in the last 3 days. Wonder what's going on. Check the fridge. Nothing is cold. Clean out the fridge, through away all of the dairy (none of it is good), and proceed to defrost the fridge. Talk to Todd, decide since this is the 3rd time we've defrosted it since we've moved here and nothing is ever REALLY cold that it's time to get a new fridge. *sigh* Tanner has had a fever for 5 days, I decide it's probably time to take him in. The Dr. thinks it might be strep, but not sure, loads us up with meds and sends us home. Get Tobyn to school late.

Friday: Normal morning, big kids get to school, get Tobyn to school, he's late for the 5th day that week. Oh-well. Go to The Home Depot, discuss finishes and fridge style with the sales person. Takes longer than I had planned. Decide on fridge style, set up delivery for Tues. Hunt all over for a fly swatter. Start to feel really tired and wishing I could just go home and relax. Feel worse as the day goes. Kids come home. See Tate and know that he is NOT getting better from his cough he's had all week.

Saturday: Realize I am NOT getting any better. Give into the fact that I probably have what Tate has, Tanner has/had. Tate's no better, Hope it's not going to be what Titus had. Make a deal with the kids that they can sleep in mom's room (on the floor not in my bed) Todd's out of town. I worry about Tate and I want to sleep, figure it's a good compromise. All through the night Tate coughs, and coughs and coughs. Nothing helps. Poor kid.

Sunday: Repete of Saturday. But now Todd is home *insert very small weak cheer* Todd says he has little bumps on his arm and they itch. Decides we all probably should go to the Dr the next day. TC starts to cough and cough and cough, but no fever.

Monday: Send Titus and TC to school. Thinking TC acts fine, no fever, so he should be ok. Pile 3 kids and 2 parents into the Dr. office. Dr. looks, listen and pokes and Tate and I. Decides it is most likely a viral Bronchitis (yup, what Titus had) gives us a list, yes, list of meds for us to take to keep the coughing under control. Mucinex is one of those. Tell Dr about TC. She says it's probably the same thing but with no fever he's fine. Give him some Mucinex and cough meds to help control the cough if he needs it. Todd's is an allergic reaction to something gives him somethings to take care of it.

Tuesday: I still feel like poo. Tate comes in complaining of itchy feet. Think it's weird but give him some cream to put on it. New fridge is delivered. We all Oooo and Aaaa over the HUGE black fridge that now is in our kitchen. All kids go to school. Think most of them are on the mend. Now if I can just get feeling better. Night comes and Tate AND TC have hives, all over. great. Text todd and have him pick up MORE meds to help them.


Wednesday: Still feel crapy, but think I might be getting better. Tate still has hives all over his hands. Rub more cream give more meds. Figure out they are allergic to the Mucinex, nice. Write a note to his teacher if he gets worse to come home. We make it through the day OK. few! TC comes home from scouts and complains of more itching. Lift up his shirt. He is covered in hives from his neck to his bum. Give more meds. Drug every one (legally of course) for the night and tuck everyone into bed.

Thursday: Wake up and realize my fever might actually be gone and despite all the coughing I think we are ALL doing better. TC hives are gone, so are Tates. Better? I hope so!

I think what an awful week then I see THIS and think.....It's not been so bad.


2 comments:

Katy Wilson said...

Man I got tired just from reading about your week! And the Japan pictures...wow...

Whitney said...

Not fun at all!!! Although I like the huge black fridge! Hope everyone is doing better soon.