Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tate is 8!

On the 6th Tate turned 8! He has been counting down the days for MONTHS! He was SO excited to get his scriptures, his scout uniform and I think the remote control car he got was pretty awesome too. We had a small party with just family while in UT and are planning on doing a friend party here next week.


I think he looks like he's growing up in this picture. Showing off the uniform.

Blowing out the candles.

The special part of turning 8 is, of course, the baptism. This was something else that Tate was SO excited. I love that he was so excited for this special event.
We asked him before we left for UT if he wanted family or friends there. He wanted family so we decided to do the baptism in Ut. I was glad we did. He had lots of family but a few friends also. I was a little worried when we got there because there was a little miscommunication on filling the font. I wasn't sure who to meet at the church to fill it and after a few phone calls I was really sweating. Some one showed up though and it was filled in time.
We also had a mix up on the dessert. It wasn't where it was supposed to be and so it wasn't brought. I was stressing pretty bad, and feeling like I didn't have it all together. While Jillynn and Heather were giving their talks I had the spirit wash over me and I realized the font was filled, it didn't matter if it had been 2 hours late getting filled, or if the dessert wasn't there or if it had just been Todd and I present, the most important things was the ordinance being performed. It's if I OK didn't have refreshments, or do anything exciting after.
Tate started to cry after he received the Holy Ghost and I don't think there was a dry eye in the church. What a sweet spirit he has. He is sensitive and I love it. He sure is a special boy and I am glad he is a part of our family!

2 comments:

FOREVER YOUNGblood said...

So cute. I remember when he was a newborn. He is a good kid. I am glad to have seen you while you were here.

Megan B ♥ said...

happy birthday, Tater!! And congrats on youf Big Day!