Sunday, June 19, 2011

This girl's got a guy.

I consider my self a pretty lucky gal. I had a great dad growing up. A strong, mostly stubborn, loving, hard working dad, with a pretty crazy sense of humor, who would have done anything for me. I wish he was here to meet my kids, but I know he's looking on from the other side. Pushing them along and probably prepped them for the crazy life they were coming into. I'm pretty sure he warned them how crazy their mom really is. I can picture him, with a cane in his hand, saying "Good luck boys! She's a wild one"

I sure do miss him. But he gave me a good example of what to expect from my husband. And I got a good one! (Husband that is)

As I watch Todd interact with the boys, I cant' help but stop and think what a great dad he is! I owe it to him for teaching the boys the practical things in life. He's taught the older boys how to fix and rely on their bikes, to enjoy a hot summer day with a slurpee, and that it's ok to wear hand-me-downs. He's taught them that being cool doesn't always mean doing the "coolest thing". He's bought them car washing supplies so they can earn a little spending money, he helps them build forts, potato guns, and taught them to do cannon balls in the pool. Days off are filled with lunches with dad, wrestling matches, and father and son talks. He helps them build their pinewood derby's and tune them to perfection.

He also teaches them how to treat women/girls with respect, hold open doors, and tell them they're pretty when they ask, and hug them (hopefully only their mom and grandma's) when they cry. He's taught them it's okay to be (just a little bit) sensitive. But he's taught them how to be tough and stand together. He's taught them to stand for what they believe in and it's Ok if not everyone agrees. He's showed them that a good education is hard work, but worth it. He would do anything for the boys and they know it!

I couldn't ask for a better husband and father to my kids! He means the world to me and I love him more than words can say.

Thank you Todd for being there for the boys and me. I am glad you've stuck by me from the beginning and can't wait to spend forever with you! Happy Father's day!
I love you!


No comments: