Tuesday, August 30, 2011

We're in, we're in...

Oh man what a task! We moved into our house officially, as of 9:30, last night. What a pain! My WONDERFUL MIL came down to help because Todd had to work for the 4 days before the move, and my mom couldn't take off work. If she wasn't here and we didn't have such great family and friend support the move would have been 10x's harder.

This whole thing has been a huge mix of emotions. A lot of frustration, some relief, some excited, some sad. I have been so frustrated because I HATE to move! I know I do it a ton, but this time is was totally NOT my idea! I didn't want to move my kids for the 2nd time in 8 months, I didn't want to have to make new friends when I was just getting to make some awesome ones, I didn't want to have to pack, load and unload a truck, and I didn't want to have to rent a moving truck for the 2nd time in 8 months. I didn't want to to any of this.

The Lord always knows what is best so I am trying to remember that He understands my needs and wants even more than I do, so I am trusting him. I am trusting Him to help TC find friends in a big new school, I am trusting him to help me find more great friends here, I am trusting Him that we are where will be in the best place to serve Him and those around us. What else do I do. As usual I complain about these hard times and look around to realize that I DO have a home, I DO have my kids, I DO have wonderful family and friends. I really am very blessed!

On a really good note, we love the house. It's a little bigger, a lot more open and a lot brighter. We are on a flat street so the boys are excited to ride their rip-sticks and maybe get a trampoline. I am hoping to get pictures up soon.

I need to catch up on a few events, like the last trip to UT, and the kids first day of school...all in good time...

3 comments:

oodlesofoversons said...

Glad everything worked out for you guys, though! Good luck getting settled in!

Jamie said...

I can't believe how many times you have had to move in the past few years! You are pros now!

haley said...

You're a good sport. I hope this is it and you won't have to move again!! I'm sure the kids will make new friends and you as well and things will work out. Thanks for sharing.