Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My baby Tanner



Tanner's pregnancy was different from the start, I guess it's only fitting that his delivery was different also.
He was supposed to be the first baby born in the hospital. We had it all planned out. I was going in to be induced on the 23rd. "Ahhhh" I thought. A baby that I can just sit back and relax with everything so carefully planned out. I would go get checked in, get the epidural, 3 hours later baby would arrive and the pictures would be taken.
YEAH RIGHT!!! He had a whole 'nother plan in mind. 1:55 am. I looked at the clock and knew we were in trouble. I had had contractions earlier in the evening and went to the hospital, got a morphine shot, and went home to sleep. I woke up with a start realizing that I not only could feel the contractions through the morphine, they were supper intense and very heavy. As I was climbing out of bed my water broke. We threw our clothes on and hurried out to the car. Me frantically breathing the whole time. Todd was driving faster than I have ever seen anyone drive. I couldn't believe it.
Long story short...2:15ish little Tanner was born on University Parkway in Orem, delivered by Dr. Dad, in the car. (BTW Dad was great totally calm and collected unlike me who was screaming the entire time) After quite the entrance, with several firefighters, policemen, and EMT's arriving just a few minutes late, and an ambulance ride later we made it to the hospital.
So one year later here we are with a cute little Tanner, walking and being his cute little self. It's hard to believe a year has gone by.
Happy Birthday Tanner!

PS. I'll post pictures of his b-day party later :-)

5 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! I can't believe it's been a year. He is so cute! And by the way, when I went into false labor 6 days before Ethan was born, they tried to give me morphine to go home with, but I refused because of what happened to you. I guess in my case it wouldn't have mattered, but I DID NOT want to have Ethan in the car. :)

oodlesofoversons said...

Happy Birthday cute little Tanner!!!

haley said...

Our kids share a birthday. Clara turned 4 yesterday. I will be doing a post of her birthday soon. That is a crazy story of his birth. I'm glad it turned out all right. Sometimes it's a little scary when you've had several kids before how fast it can be. On the other hand my fourth was my longest labor, go figure. What a cute group of boys you have!

Carrie said...

I didn't realize that Tanner was born in your car! That is crazy. He sure is cute though!

Megan B ♥ said...

I can't believe it's been a year since that hilarious night. Ok, hilarious for the rest of us, LOL!!