Friday, January 2, 2009

2009

2009, I have to admit, started out with a little tear for me. Not a tear of sadness, or worry, but of reminiscing and wondering what this year will bring.
The year 2009 marks a big one for us. A decade. 10 years ago my life flipped upside down and around. 10 years ago I lost a great man in my life, my dad. 10 years ago, my mom sold our house, I got married, and gave birth to my first son. 10 years is a long time, and yet sometimes I wonder where did it all go. A lot of it was spent surviving, other parts of it were living, and most of it done loving.
A lot of changes have happened over the past 10 years. Would I change any of it? Maybe small parts, but for the most part I wouldn’t change a thing. Those things that have happened have made me who I am today, and made me learn to love what I have.
So as I look on to 2009, I find my self thinking, Bring it on! I can’t wait for what the new year brings. So here’s to a great New Year!