Thursday, January 22, 2009

Tanner's Party




I know I just did a post about Tanner's birthday, but now I needed pictures to go with it.
We had a lot of fun. On my kids 1st birthday's I give them their own cake. Two have eaten the whole thing, one refused to eat any, and now two have licked at the frosting and eaten most of it. Tanner really liked everyone looking at him. He got cute presents and we had a lot of fun.

Side note I took him to his one year check-up. He is a whole 18.2 lbs. Less than the 3rd percentile for his age. I know small is all relative (I know babies and kids a lot smaller) but to tell you where I am coming from ALL of his brothers at about a year were still in the 90th percentile for weight. Brothers were all in 12-18 month clothes at a year. Tanner is still in 6-9 and just hitting 12 in some shirts.

I guess it proves that he is might just do everything a little different than the other ones; first one born in the winter, first one supposed to be born in the hospital, first one that is not fat and gives you a back ache to hold....I wonder what he'll be like as he gets older...

7 comments:

Allie said...

Tanner is so cute! I loved how he wasn't sure what to do with the cake. My kids were the same way. Thanks for inviting us!

haley said...

This baby has been the first for us in several ways. The first with a really long labor, and I think she will be the first not to walk (or even be thinking about it) by a year old. She's not even crawling!! She is very spoiled by older siblings!

Leah said...

The birthday party was so cute and you did such a good job. I hope you can help with mine.. I have no idea what to do. BTW He was SOO cute with his cake!

Darci said...

Love the cake pix :D Addy is only 16.4 lbs, so I understand about tiny babies.

Amy said...

Well, he's just as cute as can be! Happy birthday Tanner! I can't believe he's already a year.

Jamie said...

Thanks for having us we had a great time!

Megan B ♥ said...

He'll love his mama desperately, just like all the rest of them.