Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tid-Bits of Randomness...

....Like my posts are never random....(Long post...beware)
I think about so many things during the day as I am cleaning, driving, washing, etc. (And with no one around that I can actually express my thoughts too, thinking happens a lot) I usually end my thoughts with I should go write that down so I don't forget it! So that's where the tib-bit of randomness comes in.
Bit #1. When people ask what my occupation is I often say "oh- I am JUST a mom" I have decided that that particular word "Just" needs to come out of that statement and stay out. I am not "JUST" a mom. I AM A MOM! All the work that includes; changing babies, helping with homework, cooking 2-3 meals a day (thank you cold cereal for cutting out one of those meals...most of the time), fix 3-4 snacks a day, taking kids to school, doing the budget, washing the clothes, folding them (OK we all know how that goes sometimes), cleaning the house....the list could go on for pages. But the point is there is no "Just" about it.
I was reading the Visiting Teaching message this month. It is about the importance of families. That a family needs a mother and father for a child to come into the home, and I am so grateful that I have been able to give that to my children! I often think of the overwhelming fact that I need to raise these 5 beautiful boys to be missionaries, soldiers, fathers, and friends. Some days I think "I don't know if I can do it" But then I remember how special they are and that I am so blessed to have that responsibility. That being said that is why I write things down like this so that at 6 o'clock at night I can look at this and remember why I am counting to 10 (20 x's) and not running out of the house screaming!
Bit #2. I have been reading about the "Big Love" show. I don't watch and wasn't even aware of what they were showing until reading the emails that started going around. At first I was furious, but then I calmed down. It still makes me upset that they are even attempting to portray sacred things such as those in that happen in the temple. However, it also made me think of a couple of other points. One is that, again, I love how the Church words statements in such a way that a finger is not pointed at a particular group, person, whatever, but reminds the members that WE know what is right WE know what we believe and WE should not be the ones to cause the problems and conflict. There is never any confusion about what we believe and where we stand, but we don't need to put others down in order to maintain our standing!
The second thought I had about the subject is that we must be doing something right in order for Satan to use such drastic measures to try to detract for what is important. It does worry me a little for the world my boys have to grow up in, and yet it gives me hope that IF (if being the key word) I can do my job, with Heavenly Fathers help, my boys can be a good examples, stand for what is right and do as the Church does, defend our beliefs and stand for what is right in a tactful way and not bend!

8 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Amen and amen.

FOREVER YOUNGblood said...

Thank you!! Thank you!!! I am not JUST a MOM. I am someone's mom. I am going to say that more often to people. Love ya Connie

oodlesofoversons said...

AGREE...FULLY

Katy Wilson said...

very well put...all of it.
and by the way my email is katarinaviolin@gmail.com :)

haley said...

Great Post! Good to read some of your thoughts. I have thoughts like those too. I agree about both. I feel like I'm getting to know you better this way. Now when I see you once a year or so, I'll know you a little more and that makes me glad!

Amy said...

GREAT post. I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you do it with your FIVE boys and I have such a hard time getting things done with just two. I think I know a book you'd like. It's coming out in April. It's called "In Praise of Stay-At-Home Moms" by Dr. Laura Schlessinger. Anyway, I can't wait to read it.

Carrie said...

Beautifully put - all of it.

Christensen Kids said...

I love you babe!