Wednesday, August 15, 2012

1 Week....

It has been one week since we took away the electronics. Some days they compensate by watching a little too much TV, but mostly they have been really good. The TV days have really only been 1 or two when it has just been too hot to play out side and they have down time in the afternoon.  I would say the fights have dropped by more than half. We have found other fun things to do. They play on the tramp, board games, build a ton of forts in the front room, soccer practice, soccer games (2 on 2) with each other and playing more with friends.

I'm actually loving this idea. I don't know what we will do when the month is over....maybe nothing? Maybe just let the electronics stay away except for special occasions? I don't know. But I do know things are going SO much better than expected. I have been happier and, I would like to think, a nicer mom. We have more time and energy to be doing things we should be doing.

So far I'd say this has been a huge success. YAY!

No comments: