Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tid-Bit Tuesday

Well it's my birthday...I'm 30. It's a little weird. Not that I feel old, I don't think 30's old. Just a few thoughts going through my head today. I'm no longer in my 20's, I'm 30 and have a (almost) 13 year old, my youngest is 4, I'm in college, and I my husband is in a career he loves. Crazy! I wonder what the next decade will bring...do I dare wonder?

Now that we've flip-flopped back to having the kids go to public school I am pretty dang excited about it! Not that I didn't really want my kids home, I still think in a year or so we'll reevaluate the situation and see what to do. But I am REALLY looking forward to the 2 or 3 days a week that I have 3 hours to myself. Quiet time. No kids at home. Me time. I should be sad my baby is growing up and I am...however, bring on the new stage off life! I'll take it for now.

Things I want to do with my couple of day and hours of freedom...

-pick some awesome paint colors to redo some furniture
-go do some garage sailing and pick up so good deals
-read?
-CLEAN! I am spending a full day cleaning my house from ceiling to floor. I'm done with the messy house! Love the kids...hate the constant mess of summer.

Things I will miss with school...
-lazy mornings
-late nights playing
- no homework
- no alarms
- no schedule
-no homework
-no alarms


Life is good. Things are going at a break-neck pace. We've got 3 in soccer, I'm still involved in scouts, still in the Primary presidency, in school, babysitting 3 x's a week, school activities for the kids + you know all the mom stuff to do. I sure hope I can keep up!

I'm along for the ride.....


No comments: