Monday, August 27, 2012

First day of schools!


Today is/was the first day of school! I can't believe how much they've all grown. I know I always say that, but I mean it! They grow like crazy! All of Tobyn's pants that I set aside for him (2 months ago) hardly fit now, and Tanner has grown an inch or so this summer also.

It was Tanner's first day of preschool. He is doing Pre-k at the elementary school. I have dreamed of this day! I was going to do a happy dance, love having 3 hours a day to myself a few times a week, get long over-due projects done, and enjoy the next stage of life. oh-how lovely! Then....reality kicked in.

 It is no secret how flip-floppy we've been as far as home schooling the boys. We've thought about it so much and gone back and forth so many times. Needless to say we've been very indecisive with the whole thing. I've always considered it an all or nothing thing, all of the boys home or none. Then I was speaking to a good friend and she said something that totally made me think. "Why all of them? Why not just the one or two I'm really concerned about?" The younger three I feel good about where they're going and what they're doing but the other two were another matter. That's when I made up my mind. TC and Titus are now home schooled.

I'm, happy, nervous, excited, overwhelmed, empowered, guilty, full of new idea's and can't wait for new beginnings all wrapped into one big mess of my brain. Right now we are in a position where I am SO sick of all the crap being thrown at my kids. They are CONSTANTLY defending what they believe in. Middle school is SO hard. I hated it, TC hated the first year, everyone I talk to says how miserable it is. I know I can't rescue my children from everything, I know they need to work out their problems and I know I can't solve everything. I'm not trying to shelter them, I'm trying to bring them home. Trying to get the values instilled in them now so the path they go down is a good one once they get to high school. I NEED that for them.

AND to top it all off...I cried like a little baby dropping my baby off for school today. *sigh* so much for the first day of school being the joyous thing I thought it would be. Oh-man. someone just let me know I'm normal...or not :-) I just might be going crazy. lol!

1 comment:

The Shepherds said...

I'm homeschooling too Connie. It's so nice to have your kids under your wings. I don't think it's sheltering them at all. It's spending time learning and loving together.