Saturday, May 7, 2011

MIL

This post is for Carol Biesinger, my mother-in-law. She is one of the most important women in my life. She has helped our family so much over the years and I’m so thankful for her. Carol and I didn’t really see eye-to-eye when Connie and I got married. I don’t blame her either, I blame myself.

Carol came into my life when I started dating her daughter at the ripe old age of 15. The first time I meet Carol was in the summer of 96. Connie and I had just met and hadn’t started dating. Connie and her friend invited myself and another buddy over. We got the address and were supposed to meet them somewhere on the way to her house. Long story short, they never found us so I ended up knocking on the door to her house. Carol answered, and I asked for Joe. She saw right through my lie. I could tell by the look she gave me (your-looking-for-my-daughter, kind of look).

Needless to say, as we were heading home we found the girls and no later than five minutes of hanging out, Carol showed up, she was out driving around looking for Connie J. Shortly after Connie and I started dating. While Carol and her husband Don didn’t approve, they reluctantly let me come around (that way they could keep an eye on us).

About a year and a half passed and Carol and Connie lost their husband and father. A month later we dropped the bomb that Connie was pregnant. Here I am this stupid immature teenage boy coming into her life and ripping her daughter away in this dark period of her life. There were a lot of misunderstandings and growing pains that both of us had to go through (mostly me).

12 years later here we are. Carol has been a second mother to me. She is a great example to me. Has taught me how to have great faith and how to make it through tuff times in life. She has a great relationship with the boys and is always looking for ways to help us out. Carol supported my career choice. You helped out a ton during the 5 years of school, watching the boys, helping to critic papers and doing whatever needed to be done.

Carol you have helped me grow into the man that I have become. I’m thankful for all the help, love, sweat, blood and tears that have come on your behalf. Thank you for raising your daughter with the values that you did, she is my rock and keeps on track. I love you, and thanks again for everything. Happy mothers day!

No comments: