Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Little bit of this Little bit of that...

I was looking through the pictures on my camera and realized there is quite a bit I have neglected to post. We have had a fun couple of weeks around here, so here are a few updates!

First off TANNER IS POTTY TRAINED! Yahoooo!!! What a sigh of relief. We have been trying off and on for a month or so. Most of it has been his refusal to wear underwear. He would insist on wearing a diaper. But we kind of pushed the issue and told him he couldn't wear diapers. Once he agreed we have been diaper free for 5 days. He even stays dry at night! I know most people post this with their first, but I figure the last is also a good time to post :-)

Cute little kid is hiding. He didn't want his picture taken.

Another tid-bit. Is the storms here have been pretty crazy. I've talked to lots of people and they have all said springs like this are rare! We don't know any different though, and so we are starting to get a little used to the t-storm warnings and tornado warnings that happen once a week or so.

But even so I love watching the clouds. We have a great view out our back door and I love to watch the sky. It's such a different view than what we had in UT. Not better or worse just different and beautiful in it's own way. *btw I did NOT plan this shot. Todd took it!

Here is a couple of pictures I was able to get the other night with a storm that came through. You can see the rounding of the clouds at the front (I think they call it a storm wall) and the flash of light is lightning. I love watching it. It's one of those terrifyingly, beautiful things.

Todd was able to get a pretty good picture of the layer of clouds. Some days you can see 2 or 3 layers of clouds. They move so fast! Some are small and underneath the big layer and they just fly (seems like they are flying) past.
I am getting used to and loving it here the longer we're here. I miss friend and family in UT for sure! But I am getting to know more people here and loving the differences between the two. I tell people all the time, it's not better just different and different is good.

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Hooray for potty training!! I can't wait to get Everett started but I know he's still pretty young. Those pictures of storms are amazing. It just shows the power that Heavenly Father has behind everything in this world.