Sunday, July 10, 2011

The 4th!

Our 4th was filled with a whole lotta nothing :-) With Todd working a lot of holiday's we've just learned to celebrate differently. Saturday we had some friends over and went swimming, went to a wonderful ward bbq and watched fireworks at the park. Tuesday we were having the house sprayed for bugs, and the fridge repair guy coming to look at our freezer so most of the kitchen had to be emptied out. So Monday that was my task....

The boys did play with some friends, Tobyn, Tate, Tanner and I went swimming, and we watched a movie or two.

It wouldn't be a holiday without a bbq. So despite the mess I bbq'd us some hotdogs. Yummy! I really do love a good bbq'd hotdog.

These were the sparklers that we couldn't light. Not just because I couldn't get them to light, but also because with the drought here, there is a strict no firework policy so there weren't even fireworks on the street to watch...bummer!
It really was a nice holiday weekend. We had a fun day on Saturday and a relaxing 4th. I sure feel blessed to live in this wonderful, free country!

No comments: