Sunday, July 3, 2011

Swim, swim, and swim some more.

We have a community pool here and we LOVE it! I think we've gone swimming every day since summer began. Some times 2x's a day. The pool is pretty awesome. It has a variety of things to do, but it's not huge. They enjoy playing and playing, and because it's free I have NO problem if we go only for an hour or so.

The kids have really improved on their swimming skills. Tobyn can swim in the deep end with no problem, Tate's confidence in swimming has grown a TON, and funny little Tanner thinks he is a fish. I'm not watching as my baby floats face down, well ok I am, but he's not in trouble. He sticks his face in the water, paddles as hard as he can and then comes up for air. He loves swimming back and forth to Todd and I. I make him wear his floaties when he's in the deep water and I'm by my self, but he can swim without them. He can swim under water for several feet, and he can swim just a foot or two with his head above water. I've never had a child that learned how to swim so fast, but we've also never lived by a pool that we go to every day.

Tate getting ready to "dive" in.
Tobyn and Tanner playing in one of the shallow parts.

Most of the time I see feet above the water more than I see their head above water. Headstand, swimming like a dolphin, and playing water tag are some of their favorite past times.
Tanner jumping in the deep end. He loves to jump in!
So far we really are enjoying our summer. The kids don't seem to get too bored and I like swimming a lot too.

1 comment:

Megan B ♥ said...

We too have been spending our summer at the pool. I had no idea how fun it would be! Even though it's pretty much the only thing we do, I don't feel like we are missing out on anything! The pool is AWESOME!!!