Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Can you say HOT?! I knew it would be hot here, everyone warns you about the Texas heat. But recored breaking heat for 3 weeks straight is pretty insane! I guess we moved here on a record breaking year for everything. Most storms in one month, recored lows, recored highs, recored drought...I hate to find out what's next.

Overall the summer hasn't been bad. Figuring out what to do with 5 boys when it's a 105 and 52% humidity outside so they stay inside all day is a little rough. There is only so much Nintedo playing, tv watching, craft doing, card game playing, fort building, one can do in a day....week...month....We do still swim quite often. But with the heat, the pool is hardly refreshing. At least it's wet and not just sticky humid.

Todd finally is holding a line so that's a great thing. Even though he is back to working weekends, we know when he's leaving, when he's coming home, and where he is going. It's more hours and more days off. I sure hope we're on the up swing now! He is still loving his job and we are all adjusting pretty well. The days he is gone are going by faster and I don't feel like I need to gear up as much for the next 4 days he is away.

I started school last week. It is going well. I am sure glad I only signed up for one class at a time right now. For those who don't know I decided to go with Interior Design. I will earn a Bachelor Degree with the Art Institute online dev. With the kids demanding the computer (because of lack of activities) and just the plain old busyness of summer, it was a good choice. The first class is a little boring. I can't wait to get into the more fun classes. I just received my Adobe Suite set, which has all types of Photoshop and such in it. I am a little intimidated. Those programs always seem to have SO much to them.

We get to spend a little extra time out in the heat. Our dryer is on the fritz and so we get the opportunity to line-dry our clothes. Nothing like crispy, hot, fresh smelling clothes :-) It's not bad, just get pretty hot standing outside to hang them up. But it saves a ton on the electrical bill.

Well on to enduring the heat, more fort building, computer playing, school working, flying fun!




1 comment:

Handsfullmom said...

I sympathize with the "have to stay inside" stuff. I hope it cools down soon! I'm so glad you're adjusting well to Todd's schedule and good for you for starting school! You're going to do great.