Sunday, September 25, 2011

Boys Night

For the past little while we, the boys and I, have started a tradition of having "boys night" whenever Connie leaves for the night. Last night Connie was able to go to women's conference. The boys have been getting money for their birthdays and finally saved up enough to buy some Beyblades (Little toys that have a rip-pull hand held spinning fighting guys).

After we drove 30 minuets to Wal-mart, and getting over the rush of OWNING their own Beyblades, I went and found a dirt road and let them all drive. Tobyn and Tanner drove from my lap and keep asking to go faster. TC, Titus and Tate all drove by themselves. Tate went first and did awesome, TC went next and tried to run us in to some 8" log post that were blocking a closed road, Titus just wanted to drive it like a four-wheeler. We all had a blast, and they made me promise to take them again soon.

I can't believe how fast they are all growing up. TC is passing the sacrament, and had to lead the hymn his first time going to priesthood. He was a little nervous and was waving his had around about 50 mph. He did a good job. Titus wanted to run for student council but we missed the date to enter. He is looking forward to going to 5th grade camp with all his buddies. Tate is having fun exploring the back yard with his friends, and has found all sorts of cool things. Tobyn loves school. He comes home exhausted and loves to ride the bus with his brothers. Tanner gets bored durning the day being the only one home. He is growing up and starting to act, and talk, like a big boy (Connie is a little sad about that).

I love spending time with the boys. I love watching them grow and learn. I love helping them with problems in life and at school. I love working on scouts with them and seeing them having fun with it. I love hearing the stories they tell me about school, or the adventures they have in the field behind our house. All-in-all, I love being a dad and wouldn't change it one bit!

No comments: