Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday tid-bit!

School.


School is going pretty good for me. It's been a little rough this class with moving and all. I hope fully will scrape by with a C. I haven't got into a really hard class yet,but only taking one at a time shouldn't be too much of a problem. The class I am taking now is Perspectives. It's all about learning to draw in perspective. Pretty crazy! I know it's all basic stuff, but it doesn't come so natural to someone who doesn't draw much. Once we got past basic shapes, I got to draw some rooms and that was a lot of fun!

I am mostly posting this for journaling sake. Just to see what I say in a few years :-)

The boys school is going well. They are enjoying it I think. TC is getting more and more used to switching classes every period, finding his way around the school, and making more friends. He has more homework, but it could be worse ;-) He is in percussion at school and he has a lot of fun with it! Luckily it's just a pad right now to learn the beats and stuff so we don't have to worry about lots of drum pounding and stuff.

Titus seems to be doing pretty good also. He really wanted to go out for Student Council, but we miss-read the due dates and he missed it. We were all pretty bummed! But over-all I think things are going good. He likes his class and the kids in it. He is having fun being at the top grade of the school (Elm here only goes to 5th grade). He gets to be in charge of making sure all of the brothers are on the bus.

Tate is having fun in his class. I've heard from several people he has a great teacher (I think all of them do) and he is making friends quickly. He doesn't complain too much about homework. lol. He talks about his "miming" buddies all day. I'm pretty sure all they do is act like they're in a box. (he he he) Love it though!

Tobyn is LOVING school! It's full-day 'round here and he's ok with it. I think he seems so young to be in school, but he is almost 6! He comes home pretty beat after school. He is learning to read a bit and loves it. He gets so excited to show me his folder each day. And as usual has charmed over the teacher. I swear that smile and nod will fool anybody!

I'm so happy they are all adjusting Ok. I know it's not a huge deal, but as a mom (or parent) you worry so much about how they'll do. Especially after so many moves.


1 comment:

FOREVER YOUNGblood said...

you have such a cute family. I mean it. Your boys are so cute and they are good kids. TC has gotten so big. Good job with school. I am proud of you for going.