Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Lady I Love

Connie and I have been married for 11 years on the 22nd of May. Most people can do the math and see that 11 years of marriage, minus a 10 1/2 year old son, equals a teenage shot gun wedding (for those who can't do the math, it means that we got married in high school).

The doctor told us we were in love. There were very few people that supported us in our decision to tie the knot. I don't blame them either, I look at the 16-17 year old teens that I know and think there is no way they could be married, or how did we do it?

The truth is we almost didn't do it. We both know that there was a greater force at work the first couple of years because it was rough. Connie had just lost her dad and had to change schools, I was young and stupid and thought I was a man (boy was I wrong).

I love my wife. She is my world and for sure my better half. She is the mother of my crazy, energetic, loud, rambunctious boys. She was blessed with a loud voice so she could handle being there mother. She has kept me walking a straight line even when I didn't want too. She has a strong testimony of the gospel. She puts up with me being grumpy, hungry and tired. She supports me in my carrier path I have chosen, even when she knows there will be many times when I will not be around to help. She helped me through school, so my graduation was in part her graduation, there is no way I could have done it with out her help. She can finish my thoughts, or knows what I want or need before I ask, and (usually) doesn't complain to much. She has sacrificed many things to be the mother and wife she is and I appreciate that very much.

I was in, what I thought, was love with a girl. I know now how little I knew back then. I know with all the fiber of my being now, that I love the woman she is now.

I love you Connie.

4 comments:

Shana said...

This is so sweet! Happy Anniversary on May 22 -- I hope you have a wonderful day.

Christensen Kids said...

Thanks babe! Love you too!!!

Connie

Andrea B said...

aaahhh!!!! Happy Anniversary!

Whitney said...

You guys are so cute!!! Maybe you could teach my husband a thing or two... :) Have fun on your get-away!!!